Ways to Remember Your Father for Father’s Day
This post was excerpted from Hospice Foundation of America’s handout, Grieving the Loss of a Father – On Father’s Day
- Take part in an activity that your father would appreciate.
- Go to a location that holds special memories of him.
- Remember your father with a special meal.
- Was there a tradition that he especially enjoyed on Father’s Day? If so, is there a way you can take part in that in some way?
- Use the day to share stories of your father with other members of the family, especially younger generations that might not have known him well.
- Make a financial gift to an organization that he supported.
- Take flowers to your father’s gravesite.
- Give flowers to your faith community in his memory.
- Listen to music that your father enjoyed.
- Support a community cause that was important to your father.