Caring for Military Veterans
Casa de la Luz Hospice is proud to be a Level 4 partner in the national We Honor Veterans program. The program is committed to ensuring the best end-of-life care possible for military veterans and their loved ones, and is a collaboration between the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
In our commitment to providing superior care to patients and their loved ones and to supporting the We Honor Veterans program, Casa has:
- Increased employee and volunteer education about patients who are military veterans.
- Joined the Tucson Hospice-Veterans Partnership group, an organization comprised of the Southern Arizona VA and other community hospices.
- Strengthened our relationship with the Southern Arizona VA.
- Developed relationships with community veteran organizations.
- Established a We Honor Veterans volunteer training program, providing additional education for volunteers interested in companioning and supporting our veteran patients.
- Casa de la Luz also honors every veteran on our service with a special appreciation ceremony. The patient’s team members present a framed certificate and a token of our appreciation to the veteran, offering individuals one last thank you during the final stage of life.
The We Honor Veterans program is our opportunity to honor the men and women who served our country. To learn more about the national We Honor Veterans program, visit their national website.