Caring for You at Home
Our goal at Casa de la Luz is to allow you to remain in your own home during the last months of your life. The focus of hospice is comfort, not cure. We can provide care and support to you in whatever your place of residence is—private home, nursing home, or assisted living facility. Because we have the flexibility of providing care in any setting, a plan of care is developed for you, and adjustments are easily made as your health changes. In order to provide professional and enduring hospice care in the home setting, a primary caregiver must be available.
Casa de la Luz provides care to individuals in the following communities: Tucson, Vail, Saddlebrooke, Marana, Oro Valley, Picture Rocks, Catalina, Oracle, San Manuel, and Mammoth.
Our hospice interdisciplinary team provides the following services for our in-home patients:
- Nursing visits
- Expert pain and symptom management
- 24-hour availability
- All medications, equipment, and supplies pertaining to the hospice diagnosis and hospice plan of care
- Extensive counseling services
- Volunteer services including patient companionship and respite for the caregiver
- Bereavement care, which includes counseling for family members for at least one year following the patient’s death
- Medically necessary continuous care
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
When possible, we are offering in-home visits from our interdisciplinary team. Casa staff is vigilant in our infection prevention practices – which includes appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face masks and face shield/goggles for all patient visits – and we’re confident in our ability to safely provide you in-person care. If necessary we can arrange for telehealth visits.
Guided by the CDC and state/local public health recommendations we’ve also established guidelines to enable family members to participate in home visits while also ensuring a safe environment. See all of our home visit policies here.