Caring for You at Home
Our goal at Casa de la Luz is to allow you to remain in your own home during the last months of your life. The focus of hospice is comfort, not cure. We can provide care and support to you in whatever your place of residence is—private home, nursing home, or assisted living facility. Because we have the flexibility of providing care in any setting, a plan of care is developed for you, and adjustments are easily made as your health changes. In order to provide professional and enduring hospice care in the home setting, a primary caregiver must be available.
Casa de la Luz provides care to individuals in the following communities: Tucson, Vail, Saddlebrooke, Marana, Oro Valley, Picture Rocks, Catalina, Oracle, San Manuel, and Mammoth.
Our hospice interdisciplinary team provides the following services for our in-home patients:
- Nursing visits
- Expert pain and symptom management
- 24-hour availability
- All medications, equipment, and supplies pertaining to the hospice diagnosis and hospice plan of care
- Extensive counseling services
- Volunteer services including patient companionship and respite for the caregiver
- Bereavement care, which includes counseling for family members for at least one year following the patient’s death
- Medically necessary continuous care