The Friday Five is our weekly roundup of links to smart articles and helpful resources across the Web.
1. Sept. 21 was Alzheimer’s Action Day. Learn more about Alzheimer’s disease by taking the brain tour on the Alzheimer’s Association website. The tour is available in a variety of languages including Vietnamese, Bosnian, and German.
2. The Villas Blog offers helpful links about healthy living and aging well. It’s run by The Villas at La Canada, a Tucson assisted living and memory care neighborhood.
3. One of the challenge’s in hospice is explaining to others that terminally ill patients who choose hospice are not giving up. “Go Ahead. It’s Okay to Die” by Janice Van Dyck is a well-written piece that explains why families and patients need to understand that for a terminally ill patient, letting go can be the more peaceful choice. Van Dyck writes, “Never underestimate the power of letting go. Likewise, never forget the price of holding on too long.”
4. Have you done a BenefitsCheckUp yet? This tool is a service from the The National Council on Aging, and it can help connect you to public and private benefits programs. It could be a good opportunity to discover additional resources.
5. Have you liked us on Facebook yet? The Casa de la Luz Facebook page offers a morning inspirational quote, links to articles and resources, and tips on caregiving, dealing with grief, and what to expect during the dying process.Back to Articles