Effective 3/17/2020: In accordance with CDC recommendations, all in-person events, bereavement support groups and workshops hosted at the Casa de la Luz administrative offices have been suspended.
Online support groups are now forming. See the calendar of events below for more information. Call 520.544.9890 or contact us with questions.
- This event has passed.
COVID Grief Support Group – ONLINE
May 4 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
COVID Grief Support Group is for anyone who has lived through a family member or friend dying of COVID-19 complications. Join Bereavement Counselor, Kristine Bentz as she creates a safe space to explore and express your grief with others who know the challenges of COVID related suffering. Casa de la Luz hopes that this space can offer such a space haven for you.
Registration required/ space is limited
When: Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday afternoon
Time: 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Facilitator: Kristine Bentz, Bereavement Counselor
This Group will be held online via the Zoom platform.
The experience for the bereaved after the death of loved one(s) from COVID-19 can bring complicating and/or traumatic factors. Such factors may include:
- The sudden and unexpected nature of the death
- The experience of grief around multiple family members or friends dying from COVID-19
- Potentially being separated from the loved ones if they died in the hospital or a care facility or not being able to see or be with the loved one for any reason because of the nature of COVID-19 virus
- Family or friend’s fears around potentially contracting COVID themselves
- Increased guilt and/or anger generated from concerns or questions about how their loved one contracted the virus
- Decreased availability of family and friends support both before the loved one’s death and afterward due to the current restrictions of the pandemic
- The lack of the familiar rituals and customs being available to memorialize the loved one
If you or anyone you know might be interested in joining this group, please contact our Bereavement Department at 544.9890 or email BereavementTeamGRPD@casahospice.com. Group size is limited, please contact us as soon as possible.
All support groups and workshops at Casa de la Luz are open to the community and FREE of charge. Donations to the Casa de la Luz Foundation are always greatly appreciated!